I am excited to announce a new summer funding opportunity for students interested in Asia. The Yidan Endowed Fund for Transformative Learning Opportunities for the Study of Asia supports high impact experiential immersion in Asian studies and cultures.The Chen Yidan Foundation takes a broad view in its educational philosophy, in which educational choice and the development of different skill sets is paramount. The Foundation wants to enable students to follow their intellectual passions and to develop a wide range of different skill sets to further their understanding of Asia.Examples of high-impact experiential immersion supported by the fund include, but are not limited to:
- International internships (PCIP)
- Summer undergraduate research (SURP)
- Intensive language training (either domestically or internationally)
- Master classes
- Community engagement opportunities
- Trainings and high-quality workshops (for example, for students in the performing or visual arts)
Applications and deadlines:
- International Internships: students apply via International PCIP by February 10.
- Summer Research: students apply for SURP funding by February 21. NOTE: SURP students may apply for additional funding to support international research.
- All other opportunities: students should complete the Yidan Summer Funding Application by February 28.
For more information and for application instructions, please visithttps://www.pomona.edu/administration/oldenborg-center/opportunities/funded-summerPlease write to Anne Dwyer (email@example.com) with additional questions or concerns.Anne DwyerAssociate Dean of the CollegeCurriculum and International InitiativesNEW OPPORTUNITY!! The Yidan Endowed